Sunday 19 June 2016

Where Has The Spirit of Gratitude Gone??????


gratitude
ˈɡratɪtjuːd/
noun
  1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.


Image result for gratitude

" I stare out the car window and i see him with the blank expression on his face. 
He couldn't believe his luck. 
He worked from dawn to dusk and nothing exciting hardly happened.
Until today.....

He stared  at the 1000 naira note in his hand,
like it was gold.
He asked the man in the Range Rover, what have i done to deserve this,
I only cleaned the windshield of your car.

The man looks at him, collects the 1000 naira note back and brings out a wad of 1000 naira notes, hands it over the young guy.
That was it! he lay flat on his belly on the busy tar road just to show gratitude.

Just one statement caught my attention; No one has ever done this for me; what have I done to deserve this .

He moves to a secluded corner, goes on his knees, shedding tears of joy, praying and thanking God".



 Image result for gratefulness

Firstly, the above is a first hand true event I witnessed with my own two eyes.

 This event got me thinking about how much gratitude we show for all the things we get that we don't actually deserve or even the things we do deserve.   

The act of gratitude is gradually fading out in our generation.  
We take for granted the the things that matter most down to the even the littlest irrelevant things.
I remember my childhood days when if i was given a 100 naira note, I would be more than joyous. Now fastforward to the little children of these days, give them a 100 naira note and they just have that "what is this one?" kind of look on their face instead of thanking you.

Think about it how often do you show gratitude to God, your parents, even those that help you with those little things you consider irrelevant. 

My people (Yoruba people) have a saying " Eni ba dupe ana, o di dandan ko ri omiran gba", translated in English it means "Whosoever give thanks for things received will definitely receive another".  

Image result for gratefulness

In all things no matter how big or little, always give thanks (keyword: ALWAYS).

Imbibe the positive attitude of gratitude and sit back, relax and enjoy the benefits of being grateful

P.s I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend Deola of  portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com.ng

Post will be up soon.

Have a blessed and amazing weekend. Till next time xoxoxoxo

-Moyin
       



2 comments:

  1. That's a very touching story and honestly I agree with you, gratitude is slowly fading away, we need to reorientate ourselves because anyone who doesn't know how to appreciate us in big problem.
    P.s I'm waiting for the Liebster award post😊😊
    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes dear so true, totally agree with you.

      The post will be up soon dear

      Delete