Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Fear Factor- My Driving lessons Experience

Hi guys!

Been a while since my last post. Wow! now i know how hard it is for bloggers, coming up with contents for their blogs.

So basically, everyone that knows me know that I have a problem with driving. A problem in the sense that i am so scared of being on the same road with other cars because I feel I would hit someone's car and believe you me, no level of English or begging will help such situation.

To overcome this I began taking driving lessons but somewhere midway I abandoned it because I lost hope in myself. After that I never tried going back to my lessons, and then i got talking with someone one day and it dawned on me that fear is actually a state of mind, whereby you lose hope in a situation without even giving yourself the benefit of doubt.

I am going to share a few lessons I have learnt from my personal experiences with fear.


  • Never underestimate the power of self-talk- I remember the first time I heard about this, i thought to myself, does this even make sense? Fast forward to present day, anytime I feel nervous or afraid, I self-talk myself with positive words of encouragement. When you wake up in the morning start positively and you will see it goes a long way in making an almost perfect day.
  • Belief in oneself- This is actually very key. Personally, I recall a time in my life I had little or no self confidence in myself. Everyone says "no, you can't do this stuff or I don't think you can do this" and i just outright agree without even arguing. This thought limited my abilities to try new things or to even challenge myself. 
It took me almost a year to actually sit and write my first post, before even having the courage to set up the blog, because I saw myself as not having the ability to write anything meaningful and also that no one will be interested in what i have to write. So believe in yourself and experience a multitude of opportunities waiting to be unlocked.


  •  Stop Procrastinating- It is a popular saying that "Procrastination is a thief of time". I know for one that it isn't just a saying because from my driving lesson experience, I procrastinated before I started and even after taking a break, it took almost two months for me to finally get my head together and start over. By Procrastinating, a lot of life changing opportunities that are unknown to us are lost and if you are lucky, they just might come around again but most times they are lost forever.
I am hopeful that this post speaks to the innermost part of your fear and encourages you to break barriers because something great lies ahead waiting for you.

Till my next post...... have a blessed week


P.S  Please i would appreciate your comments and reviews, Thank you.

21 comments:

  1. Lol..@no level of English or begging will help the situation, every Lagos driver carries the "do you know who I am" song everywhere....I like the fact that you don't make this place look like your diary..keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I appreciate this

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....a story to a message. Well done and keep it up. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the transition from story telling to conveying your message across; I can boldly say I'm very impressed with the write-up. The self-talk resonates so well with me. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am glad you were able to connect with it

      Delete
  5. Lol i can relate! Though mine isn't as deep as yours sha but I always find myself refusing to drive when my friend wants to let me - mostly because of fear. I drive some times though but not as much as I should for someone who just finished learning and should be jumping at every opportunity to be better.

    Nice post!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, You have no idea how you have helped in so many ways.

      Delete
  6. Self talk works wonders mehn. I talk to myself every morning before stepping out. And yes, fear is just an annoying monster. If you love reading, I'll recommend Joyce Meyer's The Confident Woman for you. That's what I'm reading atm.
    P. S : I think I like your writing voice.
    Laitanbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olaa, I am so glad you relate with it. I will be a copy of the book and read. I really appreciate. Awww thanks for liking the writing voice

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice, it's almost like a looking into a mirror because we kind of have the same writing pattern, This was a good read moyin. Weldone👌

    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so nice, it's almost like a looking into a mirror because we kind of have the same writing pattern, This was a good read moyin. Weldone👌

    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Adeola. I will definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just down the road from Hayleigh, another teenager, nineteen year old Brian was also taking driving lessons. Like Hayleigh, Brian also had his provisional driving licence from the first week he turned seventeen. driving test cancellations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting and interesting information can be found on this topic here profile worth to see it. driving classes near me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. drink driving lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. rijbewijs kopen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. Impaired Driving Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Driving school near me

    ReplyDelete
  17. An Eco Drive instructional class is intended for drivers who need to gain proficiency with the best approach to limit the destructive impacts that vehicle foreign substances can have on the characteristic environmental factors. The destinations of this course offered by a driving preparing school include: Driving School

    ReplyDelete