Friday 14 October 2016

Broken Hearts X Mended Friendships

Hey guys,
This week went by really fast...... and the weekend is here , I can already smell it.
Today we would be talking mending broken friendships. This topic is dear to me because I have had an experience and it was not pretty.

 “I had hurt her a great deal, I should have at least heard her out but no I just shut every single avenue to communicate with her. Back then it felt like the right thing, but now that I sit back and reminisce about the whole issues all I keep asking myself was how I got here.
All I wanted to do was turn back the hands of time, right my wrongs and have my friend back. I finally got the opportunity and summoned the courage to ring her up and talk things over. For those that know me, telling people sorry has never actually been my strong suit but I made an exception in this case.
Honestly, after clearing the air I felt like a great burden had been lifted off my heart. It might take a while to go back to the way we were or we might never, I don’t know but one good thing came out of it all
I got my friend back………………”
Image result for mended friendship
Most of us are familiar with that feeling when someone close to you has hurt you or you have hurt someone you never meant to real bad. That hollow sinking hollow feeling in your heart that just becomes heavy with each passing moment.  Well I have had my fair share of this feeling but one in particular ate at the deepest part of my soul , just as locust ravishes crops and leave nothing behind.
From personal experience I have learnt to try as much as possible to get these feeling off your chest, talk about it with someone if need be. 

Also it is important to always follow your heart and gut feeling, don’t take actions because some people are doing it a certain way. If you follow the crowd, know that you stand to bear the consequences of your actions alone.
Irrespective of the situation try as much as possible to clear up things before they escalate and you and only you ends up bearing the burden of messing things up.

Lesson do not mess up a great friendship due to pride, if its worth having then it should be definitely worth saving.
Tell me about your experience with a broken friendship and how you dealt with it. Please do drop a comment.


Till next time
lots of love
Mo'


2 comments:

  1. This post is definitely for me! I have been struggling with getting past something that a very dear friend did to me, recently I've come to understand that no pride is worth breaking a sincere friendship over. Since I saw this post today, I'll make a move towards mending.
    Thanks for sharing Moyin.

    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I am glad this post was able to help you,trust me you are going to feel a whole lot better when you do something about the friendship especially when you know it is worth it

    ReplyDelete